My companion is feeling better, but not wholly better. We are working though, but not a complete work day. [Jesus the Christ is full of deep doctrine that helps you appreciate much more who Jesus Christ is. I'm sure it wasn't chosen arbitrarily as one of the approved missionary books.] Jesus the Christ is good. The Apostles tell us that we should read it a lot and study it. After all, we are representatives of Him so we should probably know about Him. They also say that we should know more about Him than the people we teach, pastors, etc. I like the way he uses pagan heathens a lot in Jesus the Christ, and he calls people pitiful and pathetic, its cool :) Maybe I will read it in Portuguese one day.
[You are crazy for liking the heat so much, but I guess it is a good crazy for someone in Ceará. The heat didn't bother me most of the time in Central America, but there were some midday times in Nicaragua that sapped the energy out of you and some sweating that was done when going into a house and sitting down after hard walking in the blazing sun. But we just didn't pay much attention to it. It's not like we were the only ones living in it, nor was there anything we could change about it, so why even think about it?] Heat is soooo much better. We can never get away from the cold, you put more clothes on but you are still cold. Air conditioning always works if you can't handle the heat. Just think....Light of Christ, He is the Light of the world------heat. Heat is to good, happiness; cold is to suffering and misery! You probably had rough terrain to walk, here it's flatter than a pancake :)
[Sauce of the chili, huh.] I couldn't remembered what it was called. It's hot sauce! They don't have much here though, and it's weak. Down in Bahia is famous for spicy. Grandma said somebody served/visited there in Salvador (capital of Bahia)
[You mentioned the rough time old geezers like me must have had back in the day in the mission field. Maybe it was occasionally a little rougher, but nothing like Parley P. Pratt, or Ammon, or Paul.] But wait didn't you serve before Paul, Ammon and Parley P Pratt? You couldn't talk about the Restoration in your lessons because it hadn't happened yet ;) I remember the Bishop talked to me about lesson certificates, you get them when you memorize the lessons. Was the MTC in Provo much different?
Did you eat a lot of kinds of fruit on the mission? They have mangos, maracajú (passion fruit; one of the best fruits) bananas, apples, starfruit, sapoti (smells like rotten apples but it's super sweet), açaí, acerola (they are small and red and look like cherries), caju, caja, siriguela (caja and siriguela are the same I'm pretty sure, but they claim they are different; they are small and orange/yellow with a big seed), graviola (big, green with spikes, white inside with big black seeds), pineapples, watermelons.... lots of stuff that you probably don't know. They are all good, well almost all of them. I'm sure they have most of the same fruits there, just with different names. They also have sugar cane juice here too, virtually sugar water but it tastes good :) Did you ever drink coconut water? They sell it everywhere here. The first time I drank it it tasted like grass water :( But I got use to it, and I like it now.
I wrote Mom about the laborious baptism I had Sunday, you can ask her about it because I am lazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment