The time does seem to fly by. Here in a bit I will be an astoundingly ripe old age of 21. I will have a year on the mission in 4 months whew! Scott will be home then too. [Scott Ross, one of Jeffrey's friends from our ward who is now serving in the Philippines. Linda helps out Sister Ross as a volunteer at the elementary school library.] When Sister Ross writes me she talks about the library too. She is really grateful that you help her.
I already told you that you learn a lot of things when you are a teacher :) [Linda is now one of the Relief Society teachers.] It's good because you get to prepare so many things, but you don't teach all of it but you still learn. I don't remember who, but some apostle or somebody was talking about how much he learned from reading his mom's notebook about her lessons. She didn't teach anywhere near all of it, but she learned a ton. So maybe some day I will learn a ton from your untaught, but still insightful, material :) I think I might have that talk, or maybe it was from Elder Holland.
Things haven't gotten much better with me and my companion, but it's the last week of the transfers so oh well :) We had interviews with Pres. Batt so he probably knows. You have to remember that not all missionaries want to be here and not all of them are excited about the rules. [You should be a companionship of 4, so 2 can go out all the time as switch offs. Then there would be someone left with the sickie, taken in turns.] The ideal thing would be to work in 2 and work everyday like you are supposed to :) It's good here though, there are a lot of good missionaries, a lot more than there are bad ones. I have already made some plans for after the mission to do stuff with them ;) Just dreams really, I don't get my hopes up.
No comments:
Post a Comment