Tuesday, February 8, 2011
7 Feb 2011 - Alvorada Area (Mom)
[Mom explained that temps in the teens and sleet and snow put Texas out of commission for three days, although it didn't stop Mom from making her hair appointment.] Well you always wanted to live in a cold place, so you got your wish. I don't miss the cold and snow one bit. I always wanted to live in Texas but maybe I'm going to have to change that because it's getting cold there. Yep can't miss those hair cuts :) Dad said it was like 80 last week before all of this happened...crazy Texas. [Grocery store parking lot was a zoo with the weather, so Mom gave up on going in.] You could have had Sean go and get some groceries for you so you didn't have to park :) What do you expect from Texans? They don't like the snow and ice. Up in Idaho, and probably New Jersey, they don't close school until the diesel in the school buses freezes, which is rare. How is life as a mom without anyone at home? Everyone else was complaining that the kids were home, but it was just normal for you. Dad was home too, so you could play scrabble or something. Here it is the middle of the summer and hotter than ever. The rain stopped this week so just blasting sun, it's great. My companions all sweat like crazy, it's kind of funny, but I don't really sweat that much here. They all have rags to wipe away the sweat. Our washing machine broke this week so one of these days I'm going to have to wash my clothes...by hand :) I don't have any food or detergent so I will have to wait until the next allowance. This week was boring for me because my companion was sick this whole week so I just left to go eat lunch and teach 1 or 2 lessons. I managed to read 300 pages of Jesus the Christ though :) I'm reading it again, but this time I am marking more stuff in my scriptures. I am learning more too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment