[The U.S. has had quite a few natural disasters lately.] Brazil doesn't really have any natural disasters. They have flood sometimes. The most intense thing they have is mudslides and stuff like that. That isn't a problem here because it is level. Down in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo it happens more. Everything...and I mean everything is sand here. You can dig anywhere and you will find sand. It's good that they don't have mudslides because the sand wouldn't hold up too well. Fortaleza doesn't get hit by hurricanes. I haven't seen any real storms here yet either. Not even thunder and lightning, it just pours rain.
Monday, June 20, 2011
19 June 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)
[How are things in the old town tonight? Things have been good here. I decided to volunteer every day and last week was a blast.] The old town is good here. That's good that you're volunteering. That's what I do all day, and it's a lot better than working. Speaking of service...we got to build a roof for some people in our ward. I know what you are thinking.... Elder Hawkes is building roofs now? Trust me, there isn't much to it here. I had to walk like a monkey on the roof and try not to fall and stuff like that. I was also praying that the not-so-good wood wouldn't break...luckily I made it out alive. I only hit my thumb a few times and punctured my butt on some nails. All in the name of charity.
I'm not going to lie, I forgot all about Father's Day :) I'll have to say something to Dad. Dad said he announced today as Son's Day. They should have that day a lot more often :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment