Sunday, July 31, 2011

31 July 2011 - Jardim Castelão Area (Mom)

[Today is a "relaxing" day. Not that much time before Lauren and I drive to Utah. We went to IKEA on Friday to get her some stuff for her apartment.] I'm glad that you got time to relax. Hey where were all my apartment things when I went to school ;) Girls always have so much stuff in their apartments. I had a picture of the beach and that's about it. She goes back to school in like 2 weeks right. Are you ever going to tell me what car you guys bought? Who left for Utah? They are going to the cabin already? 

[Scott came home (friend from the ward who returned from the Philippines). We attended his open house on Saturday and listened to his talk yesterday. I have to say he made me miss you. He is the first of your class to come home.... Just a word of advice, when you come home and have to give a talk on whatever assigned topic, use examples from your mission.] That's funny I always hated the kids who couldn't stop talking about their mission. Every time they had to talk, they always just told mission stories. I guess you learn a lot but you learn other stuff during your life too. It's weird think that Scott is home. It made me think what it would be like being home and I didn't like it at all :) It's super scary to think about going home. I remember in my first area, I was swinging on the hammock and I had 3 months on the mission. I was already scared about going home. It's weird how you remember a lot that has happened. Only 2 from my class went on missions. Me and him right?

I can already imagine my homecoming talk will just be tears. I get all teary-eyed thinking about it. Oh how I love it so much. I'm not perfect but I'm trying to do my best. It's hard, but I love it. I need to do a lot more, and I'll do it. I love it so much here. I love how it has changed me. I LOVE LOVE the people here. They aren't just people on the street. They are my people! I can understand them and I have the only thing that can change their life. I can't wait to serve another mission. Oh Mom, there is nothing better. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment