Saturday, June 26, 2010

26 June 2010: Provo MTC

[Jeffrey likes to write responses to letters without including context, so don't know exactly what some of the following is talking about.] Nobody cried, Evan lied. I forgot to call you and tell you but I guess you called him anyways. [Jeffrey's roommate from BYU-I picked him up at the Salt Lake airport and took him to the MTC.] I don't miss home at all, so I don't expect you to miss me. That would be nice if the people of Brazil are like that. I'm not an avid picture taker so my pictures will probably be just the same. I'll try to think of some spiritual experience I guess, it won't be glorious though. I will be able to sleep the same amount in Brasil. Besides, they are 14 days, not 10.

I didn't include my email because I don't have one yet. It's easier to just write letters since I only have 30 min to email. I'll set it up one of these days. I'll send you the paper and it has the fax number on it so I have some legit proof, not just random dates. [Referring to hepatitis A immunizations, presumably.] Utah Momrons are still crazy, they talk about random stuff I don't even know about. His name is Elder Henrie. [Elder from Preston, Idaho.] He said he knows uncle Carl, but he said Carl was his principal. That's good, now Michael can get off her back. [Who knows?] I think oil hauling is a side job and he turns it into a clean diesel. [Referring to a potential temporary job Michael was considering.] Michael is a bum, tell him that.

This week a bunch of mission presidents are being released so the general authorities are here for a few days. We had a special devotional yesterday and Dallin H. Oaks spoke. We sat in the 8th row, that was kind of nice.

I saw Tyler Haws (plays basketball for BYU) and I saw Elder Poulsen a few times. My roommate played WR for Utah so I hear a lot about them. Apparently they moved to the Pac-12 and the Texas teams stayed in the Big-12. I heard Brazil won too against Ivory Coast.

P.S. My neck is being rubbed raw so I win. [Apparently a debate with Mom about who was right about which shirts were better.] Now it's all calloused, so it's ok, but I warned you. It's going to be a long 2 years. I also got to go on a road trip because my roommate chipped his tooth. So we got to go outside of the compound and see the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment