Thursday, August 12, 2010
11 Aug 2010 - Brazil MTC
[It is still in the 100s here and the forecast is more of the same. According to my iPhone it is only in the 80s in Fortaleza. I guess you'll find out soon if that is accurate. When do you head there?] It's only winter here so it's not going to be that hot in Fortaleza. I leave next Tuesday the 17th of August. I'm kind of nervous, going to the mission field is a lot different than just sitting in the MTC forever. Plus I don't think I'm that good of a teacher but in a week I will be teaching real people stuff. We went to a meat 'buffet' place today for our last Pday. I dont know what it is called, rodesia something like that, it's like Texas de Brazil but much cheaper. They just kept shoving meat down our throat and it was all good. Chicken hearts are good too, you should try them :) It was good though, they have lots more than rice and beans here sorry to say it seems better than Costa Rice... ;) I went proselyting this week again but this time it was downtown São Paulo so that was more intense. It was more walking around and talking which is harder than talking to old men eating crunch bars with no teeth. They were selling some pretty sweet stuff too. They had little ponies that walked around in circle on a string. They just walked around a stick in a circle. Pretty tempting stuff I know. The people were still nice though but I got rejected a lot more there, not really rejected people just said they were busy. I met a few members too so that was cool. We gave out 5 of the 6 Book of Mormons that we had in 1.5 hours. E Olson wouldn't say anything though, I couldn't get him to talk to anybody. But it was good, it's good practice and it easier to do it than you would think. [Sean isn't a Cub Scout leader any more. He was called as a teacher's quorum adviser. Tonight they went over to Brother Starr's house and cleaned guns. Now that sounds scary: 14-year-old city kids with guns. Fortunately I don't think they had any ammo, or there might be some dead teachers since Sean said they didn't seem to grasp the concept of not pointing guns at people even if they are not loaded. I don't remember doing anything like that (cleaning guns for Mutual) when I was a teacher. I was deprived.] I don't think they had guns when you were a teacher. I thought you guys were still working out the whole fire and wheel thing in your day. That doesn't sound good that they are playing with guns but I guess it's okay if you cap someone else's kid at mutual. I guess that's why you don't have 34 guns in the house and you live in Texas too. You granola California kid. Well I am just making up stuff now since my own mother didn't email me today and that lazy Michael kid who got a letter from me every week didn't write either. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment