[Still over 100 degrees here every day, but we'll be headed to cooler lands on Thursday. We plan on staying in the Colorado mountains for 3-4 days on the way to Utah to see what there is to see. BYU starts the 30th, so we'll have a week or so with the little ones before they have to get to studying.] It's not too hot here and we get a nice breeze from the ocean all day. There is nothin' to see in the mountains but cold and despair :) Yeah those little chitlins are off to school before you know it Lauren will be married in 6 months and you are going to have to buy oxygen tanks every month. I hear those old people scooters are cool though. Thats cool though, I'm not missing the cold of BYU-I right now. I did burn my shins in an attempt to become less white oops :) Today was P Day as you can tell so we were rocking out to a guitar and I realized how white I was, but now I am pink. They don't hurt though, they didn't get burned bad at all.
[You mentioned eating chicken hearts. I've eaten them before, although I actually like chicken livers a lot more. And they had more than rice and beans in Central America. We had tortillas too. And other stuff. But lots of rice, beans, and tortillas.] Chicken hearts were good, but just a little rubbery. Livers are nasty but that is all exquisite food here. I have only eaten rice and beans and noodles and some random bits of chicken. I had ramen noodle omelets the other day for breakfast, so chicken hearts are a delicacy right now.
[Any better luck this week getting Elder Olson to speak Portuguese in public?] We didn't go proselyting anymore so I don't know, but he speaks a lot better than when I first met him. The speaking part is the easy part, it's so much harder to understand the people. Especially here, they speak with so much slang and they say cara every 4 seconds with basically means dude, well my roommates do. The people of Ceará have so much slang and they say their 'r's weird here too. So I still haven't gotten the listening thing down yet. My companion elder Alves only speaks Portuguese so it will only be a matter of time I guess.
I got jipped when I got here, some random elders met me at the airport. The other elders said the Pres. met them and 10 elders and they had dinner at his house and slept there. I ate pizza on a dark stage in the church, they had chocolate pizza though which is dough and a half inch of chocolate.
I have done a lot already, we walk around because we have sooo many investigators that we have to talk to. The people here are so nice and I have only taught a few lessons without a member there. The most spiritual thing so far is when we cast out of a devil from a possessed lady, it was cool because she is a strong investigator so that's good we got to help her. I am so grateful for the authority on this earth, the priesthood. This land of Brazil is a blessed country and I think it can easily surpass America's number of members. I have never been yelled at or had slammed gates or anything bad yet.
[You mentioned eating chicken hearts. I've eaten them before, although I actually like chicken livers a lot more. And they had more than rice and beans in Central America. We had tortillas too. And other stuff. But lots of rice, beans, and tortillas.] Chicken hearts were good, but just a little rubbery. Livers are nasty but that is all exquisite food here. I have only eaten rice and beans and noodles and some random bits of chicken. I had ramen noodle omelets the other day for breakfast, so chicken hearts are a delicacy right now.
[Any better luck this week getting Elder Olson to speak Portuguese in public?] We didn't go proselyting anymore so I don't know, but he speaks a lot better than when I first met him. The speaking part is the easy part, it's so much harder to understand the people. Especially here, they speak with so much slang and they say cara every 4 seconds with basically means dude, well my roommates do. The people of Ceará have so much slang and they say their 'r's weird here too. So I still haven't gotten the listening thing down yet. My companion elder Alves only speaks Portuguese so it will only be a matter of time I guess.
I got jipped when I got here, some random elders met me at the airport. The other elders said the Pres. met them and 10 elders and they had dinner at his house and slept there. I ate pizza on a dark stage in the church, they had chocolate pizza though which is dough and a half inch of chocolate.
I have done a lot already, we walk around because we have sooo many investigators that we have to talk to. The people here are so nice and I have only taught a few lessons without a member there. The most spiritual thing so far is when we cast out of a devil from a possessed lady, it was cool because she is a strong investigator so that's good we got to help her. I am so grateful for the authority on this earth, the priesthood. This land of Brazil is a blessed country and I think it can easily surpass America's number of members. I have never been yelled at or had slammed gates or anything bad yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment