[In response to Mom's email which discussed the parable of the prodigal son.] I was reading in Jesus the Christ the other day about the Prodigal son. The parable was to teach the hard hearted Pharisees about the Publicans I think, because they were hated by the Pharisees. The Pharisees preached that they were always righteous and they always kept the commandments and how is it fair that other sinners can still inherit God's kingdom. The 'righteous' son wasn't entirely righteous in this story and Jesus was comparing him to the Pharisees. I think the key is being righteous and holding on to the rod like you said, but accepting our fellow brother's return. In that way we too can experience great joy. The scriptures say how joyful it is to bring a soul unto/back unto Christ, so we can have joy when our own brother repents no?
[In response to question about whether he has materials for teaching English classes.] They don't give us anything to help us, we just plan and do whatever.
We had a baptism this week, it was part of the family that I talked about earlier. It's cool because they have had so many miracles occur so far. We just baptised the son because we still need to get the parents married, but they come to church on their own and the son will get the priesthood in a month. I'm staying here for another transfer, which started today so we have a lot of work to do. However, things started changing for the better so we should see a lot more success if we work hard and follow the spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment