psshh the language was easy since I got here ;) It actually isn't that hard, I need to work on things and there are some sentences in English that I haven't figured out in Portuguese yet. I just need to learn a lot of words. One of my goals is to become a master in Portuguese by the end of my mission. I want to be able to talk about anything I want. Everybody says I speak like I have been out for 6 months or more so that is good....not to toot my own horn.
Don't have many stories this week because it has been a bummer of a week. A few highlights of drunk people trying to pawn off their bikes. I have a new strategy of talking to all the houses with intercoms in hopes of rewards in the future ;) Not really it's just easier to talk to them. We usually get servants instead of the owners, which is weird here in Ceará. We have this huge house across the street that shames our humble abode. I am forced to look at it everyday so I decided I would talk to those people. They asked who it was on the intercom, and I said Missionaries of the Church..... and all they said was "Não (no)" so I decided to be bold like they tell us and I said " Que??? Você não quer?? (What? You don't want it?) in a serious tone but they beat me by calmly saying "Não"......oh ok then bye. It happened again at another house but the lady said "Tudo bem então" "Alright then" and before she opened the door I said "Que??? Você não quer??" again because I didn't understand what she said. She opened the door and just looked at me like I was crazy and my companion was laughing at me....I guess it was funny.
[Here Jeffrey shared the same story he shared with Mom in the post below.]
I am so grateful to be here. Even during the hard time the Lord finds a way to bless me. I just try to obey and become better so that I can continue to grow. There is no way this miracle would have occurred if I was being lazy and didn't have the spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment