Monday, November 22, 2010

22 Nov 2010 - Alvorada Area (Mom)

If you truly believe that you were guided by the Holy Spirit then you were, and nothing anyone says can take that away. I was talking about this yesterday during the lesson for Relief Society, the teacher asked me to talk about the Gift of Tongues. Anyway I was talking about how we as members have the right and ability to have the spirit. Nobody can take that from us, nobody can take the feelings that we had or the thoughts of when we felt the spirit. They aren't physical, they are spiritual. They are in us forever. The 2 of the 3 witnesses left the Church but nobody could take away the fact that they saw what they saw.

When the spirit guides, just follow. I had an experience in my last area with this. We were teaching an elect of God ( all missionaries say that about every investigator :) ). We were teaching about the Law of Chastity and he was accepting everything but he is separated from his wife. He was truly hurting as he told us about the love for his wife and children etc. He didn't know if he could ever fix whatever happened or if he should just look for another wife. I wanted to say something to help him but we just continued giving him advice etc about it. Then I felt I should tell him to pray and do everything he can to reunite with his wife, because it was God's will. He was meant to be with this woman. I thought "Are you crazy?? This is some serious stuff and I don't know his situation!!" But I felt it again, and me being a doubting Thomas, I thought of what I should say again and thought "This is what I should say?" and a horse kicked me in the chest and I felt more than ever I needed to say it. So I did, I poured out the spirit that was in me and told him what I felt. Needless to say I cried :) as I usually did in his house. I never felt the spirit so strongly before in my life than in his house, every lesson. I don't know what will happen and I was transferred but could I deny that man what I felt? Is it right for me to hold it in and not tell?? No, I felt I had to say it, and after a bit I did. Never deny the Spirit, never think that His revelations are strange or not "cool" enough to say, just say them. If you hold it in, He will stop talking to you! That's the end of my sermon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment