Monday, November 8, 2010

8 Nov 2010 - Alvorada Area (Mom)

[Mom made a comment about "hearkening with exactness" and using agency wisely even during free hours.] I'm not sure what this free hour you are talking about is on the mission...but the President Batt talks a lot about hearkening with exactness. Well not the exact words but that we need to follow all the rules on our mission and we will be better missionaries because of it. We will have the spirit and things will be a lot easier for us.

I don't have much to say this week, it's just the usual working and walking. We did have another baptism this week. It was a son of a family that was baptized last week before I got here. He delayed a week, but the family is strong as far as I can tell with the week here. They have 2 sons, now 1, that haven't been baptized they almost got killed/shot 2 times so far always outside of the church. The mom is good and strong though, and instead of blaming the church she believes they were saved because they were going to church. This area is a quite a bit more ghetto than the other area, but there is nothing to worry about. The Lord protects and if I get shot, for some reason the Lord wanted it to happen barring stupid behavior :) I know that prayer is a personal conversation with God, and I know that without it we are lost. I know that through faithful prayer we can learn anything that we want, and we can receive blessings from the Lord. The Lord has already testified of the truth to me through prayer and I am glad He has given us the means to talk with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment