Monday, February 28, 2011

27 Feb 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)

[Sorry son, but I am tired.  I was just ready for bed (midnight) when I realized I didn't write.] I know how you feel, I'm soooo tired right now. I spent 3 hours standing on a bus, and the buses here are like NASCAR races. I haven't eaten anything all day either, and it's almost 6 which means I have to start working just when I want to die. [I bought a leaf blower/vac...] That's good, that way when I get back home I won't have to do anything, the leaf blower vac will do it for me. [We just need a kid to climb the roof to get to the rain gutter at the top over the front door.] I won't be able to climb any roofs since I will be an old man. Go throw some popsicles and popcorn on the roof and maybe somebody will climb up there.
 
Unfortunately, I have been learning that the Brazilian rainy season means a ton of mold. Which is a pain because I don't have a washing machine and I don't want to wash 21414 pairs of clothes at a time. I can't just throw them in a pile or they get moldy. So I slave away over the sink washing clothes. The t shirts are the worse because they get super dirty on the shoulders and back where my backpack is. I washed some at another missionary's house, but they just ended up dirtier.... :( I found my English scriptures covered in mold too, since I haven't used them in months. It was just the cover so no big deal.
 
[Hopefully you were transferred this moves.] Yes I was transferred so you can be happy now, I'm in Pedras, it's not too far from my old area and it's in the same zone. My new companion is Elder Costa from São Paulo. It's a good area on the fringes of Fortaleza. It actually has 4 cities in the area, but they are pretty much Fortaleza still.

No comments:

Post a Comment