Monday, March 28, 2011
28 Mar 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)
[I fully expected that Michael, being in Thailand, would see more poverty because I associated Thailand with India. But you are by far experiencing the poverty thing more.] I don't know what poverty Michael experienced, but I have seen some legit poverty :) Oddly downtown is worse than the countryside. I have seen houses smaller than your master bathroom, but they smell like pee and dead animals. All the sewage is open here and it just runs down the street. When it rains, it just goes everywhere. The "middle class" here is deep south ghetto poor in the US. It's cool though, it's easier to teach people though because they all live in the same small house. I can't even explain the poverty of some people, but there are a lot of houses (just made out of bricks) that are nice and decent. It just depends on where you go. [I was wondering what Heavenly Father has in mind. It may be that you will be salary challenged in your life.] I'm glad that you think that this means I will be doomed to poverty for the rest of my life :) My patriarchal (I don't remember how to spell it in English) blessing says that I will have enough to give generously. Who knows, I don't know that's for sure. [Speaking of money, how come you run out of your allowance?] I run out of allowance the same reason you have a tight paycheck and the same reason everyone else does :) I don't even remember what exactly you are talking about. I probably didn't actually run out 100% but I just couldn't spend as much. [Are you giving your companions/ investigators some?] Heck no, I need my money, I wouldn't give it to my investigators! Besides we aren't supposed to do that. ;) I get money every 2 weeks so I was probably exaggerating. I know I have a debit card, but I'm not going to spend my own hard earned money to buy bread and cookies on my mission! [I love you, and am so happy that you are soaking up all the experience that you can.] I hope I soak it up, I hope I never forget :) I try hard but sometimes my mind isn't 100% in the work. I am working harder than I ever have in my life right now, honestly 16 hours a day. Maybe not because of me, but because of my companion but I'll get there someday. I don't like to think about the end because I want to change so much, but it's hard to know if I am really changing. But I'll keep chugging along.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment