I know that this is the work of the Lord. This week we had a girl that decided not to be baptized. I have never been so sad in my life. I felt depressed when I was in church knowing that she wasn't going to be baptized. Oddly, that's how I know this work is true. I was touched to the soul because of the choice this girl made. I know that the Gospel is what she needs, it's what we all need. I know that we need to share the Gospel and we need to help other people. How can we as members keep such glorious blessings to ourselves and ignore our neighbors and friends? We want salvation so bad, but shouldn't we want that for the other people? I testify that as you work with other people that salvation of others will be your happiness or sadness. You will truly care for these people, it is a promise of the Lord.
In my areas people think that feeding the missionaries and helping them with material things is enough to 'help' missionary work. It's not enough however, you need to give them people to teach! The members that really help are the people that ponder, pray, and leave with the missionaries to teach the people. The people that help are the people that talk to the new members at church and care for the people. The people ready for baptisms are not a small amount here in Fortaleza, but the baptisms that stay, that become leaders are ALMOST ALWAYS references. So don't just throw some random names at the missionaries. Pray, ponder, pray again, ponder some more, fast and I can promise you that some name will come to your mind and they will be baptized!
No comments:
Post a Comment