Monday, May 16, 2011

15 May 2011 - Pedras Area


I don't know if you got these pictures but it's a funny story, we live right behind a field of grass and crap aka breeding ground for large amazon critters. There was a huge tarantula in our house the other day. The size of a rabid badger...more or less. I was talking on the phone with the LD and my companion grabbed my camera since his was out of batteries. I looked at the pictures afterwards....the 1st on it looked like he stood on the opposite side of the room and zoomed in and took a picture of a black dust bunny (the spider) the second one he tried to take a picture of him and spider Facebook style and took a picture of the wall and his ear. He tried again and took a picture of his face and a spec of something that I assume is the spider. What a goof. Then he goes mad and kills it and during the super overkill he breaks our broom and then stomps on its already dead, pulverized body. Then he says "I can't believe it broke the broom!" Then after a sigh he said "Que perigo" aka How dangerous! face palm!

[I told him Nokia Siemens Networks bought the portion of Motorola I work for.] Well maybe now you will get some new bling bling since Nokia is richer than Motorola. Besides Motorola only sponsered headphones for football. Siemens sponsers a European soccer team! who knows if it is the same Siemens, but that doesn't matter. Nokia is more famous here too, so you will gain respect and glory in the eyes of the Brazilian people when I tell them what you do. Oddly I get more praise for my janitor job than for studying History at a University...

Well this week was good, it seems like the sun is back...which is great! The teaching goes on, and this was a good week. Sadly, we have a hard time getting people to go to church in this area so we are limited in progressing people. We taught a women whose husband drinks all the time. We promised her if she read The Book of Mormon when he was drunk and screaming etc that she would feel peace and things would get better. When she was at church she told us that her husband was threatening to break stuff etc and she sat down and read The Book of Mormon and he just stopped and fell asleep on the bed! The Book of Mormon is real and powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment