Monday, May 23, 2011

15 May 2011 - Pedras Area

[The tarantula photo was kind of scary, but you forgot to put your hand or foot or something to illustrate size next to it. Next time ask your companion to pick it up so you can snap a photo before he pummels it with a broom.] I would have put my hand next to it but I didn't take the picture, and my companion is obviously afraid of spiders. Just believe it was huge.

[I'm curious as to the specific traits that make being a janitor a noble profession. Maybe it's the ninja broom handling skills that come in so handy for fending off Amazonian-sized missionary-eating tarantulas. Except that was your companion. Was he a janitor?] I guess it's because of the manual labor. People think that I made a ton of money too....I wish. I did learn to balance a broom on my finger pretty well, one day I'll show you :)

[I mentioned a story about Elder Araujo, an Area Seventy from Fortaleza.] Yes I know who Elder Araujo is. He is a legend here I guess you could say. Pres. Batt's counselor is an Araujo, but a different person :)

Transfers were this week and I got a new companion. I stayed in the same area. He is my 1st American companion. He is also from Texas so that just makes things better. I already knew him before we were companions and we are good friends. I was surprised that Pres. Batt put us together. I don't know if Michael did this, but here we put covers on our mission planners. They get all sweaty and moldy if you don't, so we just use tape or contact paper to cover them. We glue pictures from the Liahona and stuff to make them look pretty. To honor the Texas duplo I glued the 'David' sunflower seed label on the front and put a Texas flag on the back. Yes I'm legit. We will stay in the same area battling spiders and other large creatures. The other day I saw that we have monkeys in the back yard that live in the banana trees. Well that is all I have for you. I got to eat Burger King too, because of the transfers so that was cool. Me and my companion always say "What a burger" the Whataburger slogan. GO TEXAS

No comments:

Post a Comment