Sunday, June 26, 2011

26 June 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)

It was a good week here. We got to do a lot of stuff. We made some homemade bread. Some members showed us how to make it. They wanted to put ham & cheese inside and roll it. But we're Americans and we put apples and cinnamon. It tastes soo good, it's like cinnamon roll. All we need is frosting. We also made some brownies because my comp got 2 packages from his mom. They were the best brownies I have ever had, I'm not sure why. This past Saturday was the best ward party that I have ever been to! It's called Junino. It goes all June and part of July. It's a Brazilian holiday. Everyone dresses up like hillbillys and they paint mustaches and stuff. It was fun. I did some square dancing with my companion too. It was a fun time. We won the best couple award. 

I had an epiphany the other day. I'm going to be a waiter at a Brazilian restaurant when I get home. That way I can eat the food whenever I want. Mexican food is better though :)

My companion was telling me about his mom the other day and I had another epiphany! You should go back to school and then you can go work! It'll give you something to do.

Teaching is a good way to teach yourself. I spend a lot of time studying so that I can teach. It's hard to keep it all in your head though. I want to be better at knowing scriptures and stuff like that. My scriptures are all marked up in my pretty marking system, so that helps me a bit. It's hard to teach different things though. I always try to teach in a new way, or say new things. It's too easy to get into a routine.

I've been thinking lately about when I was set apart. Grandpa told me to write it down in my journal. One of the things that was said is that I was close to the spirit and I should grow and recognize that more. I have never felt that I was close to the spirit, but I guess I have to grow and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment