[I never associated hillbillies and rednecks with Brazil. Do they have a guy named Jose Bob Claus that leaves moonshine bottles in your dirty socks and have a possum egg hunt in the backyard too? You look a bit different with a mustache. Hopefully that permanent marker isn't really permanent.] Well down in the South they are all farmers and stuff. They don't have a guy named that but that's because they have a lot of people the do that here ;) It was a make-up pencil so it came off easily. I was going to part my hair down the middle too but my hair wasn't long enough. I even tried to use egg whites as gel...it doesn't work as well as grease does...
[Sean's birthday is this week, the 9th. He'll be 42 or something like that. Not too long until your ageometer rolls over another tick too.] Yeah...I have been playing soccer on P Days (which will probably end because of the new President) and my knees are like a bowl of grits and they hurt too. Hopefully I'll stay in this area so they can throw me an awesome birthday party or something like that. If not I'll be in a new area for like 10 days and nobody will even know me. It reminds me of my birthday in the MTC with my district of my companion and me. He forgot it was my birthday though. :(
This week was a good week. We have two marriages lined up, which is a miracle here in Brazil. Hopefully, I will be able to stay here and see them but who knows. They are really great people and the members here are perfect. They are always helping them and they are always trying to help them feel the spirit. This is definitely an area that I will remember. I love the people here, the members as well as the investigators. We have worked hard to get these people married, but the Lord has blessed us and blessed them so much. This surely is the true church. No other gospel can cause such changes in people. People are giving us their moonshine in dirty socks and are forsaking it from that day on. I've been a member for a long time but I would have a hard time changing things that they so easily give up. These people are so much better than I am and I love them for it. They are truly elects of God and they catch on the things so fast. I'm just bouncing along, tripping and falling while they run full speed past me. I can say it is one the best feelings ever. I testify that there is no other feeling. I hope all of you at home strive to feel that feeling again!
No comments:
Post a Comment