Sunday, July 17, 2011

17 July 2011 - Jardim Castelão Area (Dad)

Yep new area. It's not that far away from my last area. All of my areas are pretty close to each other since they are in the same city. They have a good bus system here. It gets a little crowded but it's good. You use them a lot. This area is small so we don't use them, but my last area we used them all the time. They also waste my few precious reais that I get! Bus rides eat all my money...I guess it's good because I can't buy food and get fat. I'll get to go back at the end of my mission and I definitely will go back to Pedras. I learned to love the people there and I have a few people that I baptized there that mean a lot to me.
 
[Did Mom tell you that we got a cat?] A cat!? ewww. We use cats for kicking practice here..just kidding :) The cats in Brazil are the size of large pumas so I never mess with them. I like kittens but then they grow up and claw and bite plus they smell...and they have rabies.
 
This last Sunday I was thinking about what it would be like at home...just for a few minutes mind you. I was thinking what I could use that I have learned so far to help my family and myself. I was trying to measure what I learned here. I don't have any standout super crazy miracles that happened so I decided to think a bit. I started to write it down. Then I realized a lot of stuff has happened. Little miracles, medium miracles. I just hope I remember it all. I have been slacking on the journal writing thing sadly. I just want to remember these 2 years. I worry that I will forgot a spiritual moment or that I will forget someone. I know these are 2 wonderful years. I have learned many things in only a year. I could have learned a lot more, but I'll try harder during these next 11 months. I know without a doubt that the Lord is my Savior. I know that we are here to have a family and to learn and grow with them. I know that this gospel is the ONLY thing that can bring us true happiness. This is the only time we have to prove our love, please don't waste it. I have already been reminded by my loving Heavenly Father that this time on earth is short but so precious. We have mercy on our side........use it while you can. God will give us another chance but only if we take advantage of His atonement in THIS life.

No comments:

Post a Comment