Well this week was transfers again. I got sent to Jardim Castelão. That is where the state stadium is for soccer. Too bad it is closed for renovations for the 2014 World Cup. I guess that will lower my chances of getting stabbed and killed by crazy soccer fans on game nights. You saw how crazy Canadians got with hockey...imagine the Brazilians with soccer. Beer and sharp objects are too easy to get here. Oddly, my new companion is also from Texas. I have been companions with all the Texans on the mission. Well, he is really from Spain, but lived in Texas for the rest of his life. His name is Elder Perez...which gives away his Spanish origins. We live with the Zone Leaders....booo..... :) The new President hasn't changed too much stuff yet and I have yet to see him. This transfer will only be 5 weeks instead of the usual 6. At least I have a post office in my area now..no more living in the boonies called Pedras. Although my love for those people grew a lot this last transfer. I'll miss them a lot. Everybody was crying and giving me the usual advice "Have a good mission, work hard, may success follow you" the generic stuff. It was good though. I'll definitely go back at the end of my mission. The last transfer they let us travel to our old areas on P-Days.
It's weird sometimes talking about missionary work to the members and stuff. They look at us like we are doing something so hard and we are giving up so much. I don't see it as that epic and intense. Of course it is the best thing I have ever done, but while you are doing it, it just seems normal. Recent converts look at use like we are angels sent from heaven. We didn't do anything though! They prayed, they went to church, they read the scriptures, and then God gave them the answers!
No comments:
Post a Comment