Sunday, August 14, 2011

14 Aug 2011 - Jardim América Area (Mom)

The week was a good week. It was a little sad since it was my last week in the area. Transfers again! I'm in Jardim América with Elder R. Santos. He too is from São Paulo, like almost everyone else. The area is small which is good; I don't have to walk as much. I don't know much about him yet. Oh yeah I'm Senior now...took me a while but I finally made it. I'm just chugging along. I loved my last area so much and I was only there for 5 weeks. It is definitely one of the my favorite places in the whole entire world.

[I am excited because one of the little boys from summer school has been transferred to Park Glen Elementary. He reminds me so much of you.] Does he have a chili bowl hair cut? If not, he's just an impostor! That's cool though, little kids are really cool. When you work with them it is easy to see why we need to become more like them. Oh I just remembered something. Evan's mom went back to school to become a teacher and she is old. She still got hired though, so there is hope for you. I think she teaches 2nd grade or something. Today we had transfers and a family from the ward took me to the chapel. They brought the little kids. The poor little kids were crying when they had to say goodbye. Then their mom started crying and even the dad. They are the 1st people that have done that, well at least that I saw. I love them so much. They were already crying on Saturday when I told them I would leave. The little 5 year old boy kept asking when I was going to leave. He wanted me to spin him too (I pick them up and spin them). Poor kids. I say it a lot, but as I have more time on the mission I learn to love the people more. I was only there for 5 weeks and I love them as much as the other people that I knew for 4.5 months. The love I have for them is indescribable! I'm happy, happier than I have ever been. I love 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment