Sunday, August 14, 2011

14 Aug 2011 - Jardim América Area (Dad)

[I mentioned someone in the ward said their son brought back some cool stuff from Brazil.] What did he get from Brazil? I've got some cool key chains and some soccer shirts. Someone gave me a cup with a lid so I could keep it in my backpack. Does that meet the cool standard? I'll go shopping near the end of my mission. I hear Havaianas (flip-flops) are popular in America now. They are only $5 here. I got some with little Brazilian flag on them. Those are a little more expensive though.

I didn't get a new camera yet, I can only go on P-day since the store was out of my area.

Good news is that I got transferred and there is a super walmart-like store here. So I should be able to get a camera there. My new companion is from São Paulo. He's got 6 months....yep I'm a senior. Took me 1 year and 2 months...kids in my group are ZL and Assistants already. Ugly duckling anyone? Just kidding. I'm happy for them. Were are in Jardim América....it's weird because it looks nothing like an american garden here...My last area was hard to leave. They are great people and I love them so much. One of my favorite families in the whole world took me to the chapel for transfers. The 2 little kids, ages 5 and 8, were crying when I went to say goodbye. Then their parents started to tear up. I tried to be manly but they got a few tears out of me. They are special people and I'll miss them. I can feel a bit of the love that Christ feels for all of us when I think of these people. Yesterday they invited me to bear my testimony and it was going well. I told them God loved them. I told them that Jesus loved them. As soon as I said that I loved them, I just couldn't speak. It came out of nowhere and I got all choked up. This is the Lord's work. I do love it here, I love the Gospel, and I love God's chosen people of Fortaleza, Brazil. I know this is the best place ever. I hope I can get better so I can be a better senior, a better Jeffrey, and a better missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment