Sunday, August 7, 2011
7 Aug 2011 - Jardim Castelão Area (Mom)
[Today Paul LeFleur bore his testimony and likened life to his experience at the beach this past week. He got caught in a riptide while in Florida. He said it is like life. You try hard and still end up going backward. But as long as you are trying as hard as you can, you make it back to shore. He said he had a boggy board, which would be the Holy Ghost. Adversity (riptide) comes out of nowhere and if we have the skills we can overcome it..] My last companion was telling me about rip tides and stuff like that. He is from Corpus Christi so he use to surf and stuff like that. So his analogy makes sense to me :) It's a good one though. I thought of one one of these days, but in my old age I have forgotten it :) We are challenged by the Prophets and stuff to think of real life examples to help us teach so that the people can understand better. If I ever teach a surfer, maybe I'll use that analogy. I might have to learn some new vocab though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment