This week was better. We were able to baptize the father of the
family that we have been working with for 5 weeks. It was hard, probably
the hardest week in his life. Satan threw everything he had this last
week to try and destroy this man's life. The Lord won after all though.
We talked to him, pleaded with him, fasted for him, prayed for him
constantly. It was a good experience for me. It showed me the power of
prayer and fasting and the power that the Holy Ghost has on people. It
was probably one of the most spiritual baptisms that I have had so far.
I'm glad he was able to overcome a mole hill to see the mountain of
blessings that waited on the other side!
Monday, September 19, 2011
19 Sep 2011 - Jardim América Area (Dad)
[We finally broke the record for 100-degree days at 70.] Yes! Record! Good thing I was here during the record. Missed one more thing while one the mission ;) I'll tell my kids anyway.
[We had the missionaries over for dinner and as part of their spiritual
thought they asked what blessings we've seen due to having a missionary
out. To an extent it is kind of hard to know because you don't know how
life would be different without a missionary, but to me one of the
blessings is simply receiving email from you each week and reading about
your love for the people and your love of doing the Lord's work.] I'll tell you the blessings that you have been receiving while I'm
gone: new car, mountain resorts, vacations out the whazoo. Just to name a
few ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment