Monday, September 26, 2011

26 Sep 2011 - Jardim América Area (Mom)

[Enjoying volunteering at the elementary school.] You aren't a kid anymore but you get so much joy from teaching them and helping them. At least I do. I love the kids here in Brazil. Some of them have so much crap going on in their life but they still are happy and they somehow still have hope. They love giving hugs and saying good things about you. Theirs is the kingdom of God!
It's hard sometimes when people don't want to listen. They don't value the words of the prophets like they should. They think they are things they already know. One day they will go and they will see what they have been missing. That is one of the best feelings ever. When they finally go to church and love it!

The Relief Society Conference is this Saturday here in Brazil. Hopefully I will be able to listen to General Conference in English. It's nice in Portuguese but I love the voice of the Apostles and Prophet. Plus their jokes are better in English :) Yeah time is passing by almost a 1 year and 4 months. I saw some Elders packing up their stuff to go home and it made me kind of sad. The day is coming. It will be a bitter sweet day. Other days it feels like I have been here forever. I'll miss it terribly though. I'm not very good at moving on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment