Monday, September 26, 2011

26 Sep 2011 - Jardim América Area (Dad)

Some guy told me today that I need to like math and overcome my hatred for math. He called me lazy and stuff. He was mostly right though. I just don't want to work doing something I had to force myself not to hate. Who knows, I'll just live in the forest and watch football. Maybe I'll copyright a squirrel flavored ramen noodle.
 
I talked to the parents of an Elder that is going home. They are from Danville but they lived in Pittsburgh for awhile. Ring any bells? Yep Uncle Mark was their Stake President for awhile. He said something about Hawkes in Santa Mona or something like that too. Their names are Debbie and David Bromley and their son gets home here sometime soon. Fun fact, tell Uncle Mark about it.
 
Wow the letter isn't very long today but at least I found long lost friends of Uncle Mark. It was a good week, that's a lie. Not so good. My comp is going to Pernambuco to the new area they opened up 4 months ago, Trindade. He is excited. My new companion is from SLC so maybe he knows Aunt Michelle. He almost has a year. I'm staying in the same area. I don't know what I'll do for the next 6 weeks but I'm sure the Lord will keep me busy. I've heard this new kid is good so that'll be fun. It's fun to have an American too because you can talk about real stuff like Football and well the Gospel of course :) Who wants to talk about soccer? :) Did you have any native companions? I'm assuming not because you served before the races were split apart. I got my hands on those old school movies you use to use. Meet the Mormons, Voice from Ancient America and stuff like that, but in Portuguese. I don't know if you used them, I think they were after your time. Apparently all the houses are getting a DVD player. I'm not sure why though, but that is what President says. The general authority is going to be a Seventy I think. I got a little bummed but then that seemed blasphemous. I'll pretend like he is an Apostle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment