Monday, October 31, 2011

31 Oct 2011 - Jardim América Area (Dad)








Well we had a fun weekend since it is Halloween! We went trick or treating as you can see in the pictures. I dressed up as a gangster and my comp dressed up as a drunk Brazilian, just because they are so nice to us. Also, there is a picture of a cashew so now you all know where the nut comes from. It is by far the nastiest fruit in existence and it is obvious why they also send the nuts to America. The skin feels greasy and it feels squishy like a dirty diaper. ewwww Oh yeah, I put my fly ride in there. I'm rolling on 20' s in my ole Beetle.

We have conference here on the 12th and 13th. They have a few big names coming here but Bednar is going to another stake. We have our meeting with him on the 14th. Too bad that is my P-Day ;) He gave us a few talks to study and stuff. It is about time an Apostle comes to the best mission in the world, literally. :) More good news too, he is going to do the ground breaking for the temple on the 15th. I doubt we are going, but at least it'll be done in the next 4 years. However, I won't be here for all of the excitement of a Stake Conference. I got transferred already, emergency transfer. I'm getting butterflies just setting this all up for you...Pres. Souza called us this last Thursday and told my comp that he was going to be the new Exec. Sec. of the mission. Then my comp hands the phone to me and Pres asks if I'm doing better blah blah. Then he said that he was going to get some medicine for me so that I could get better. Then out of the blue he said "Elder on the 2nd of November I want you and your companion to come to the mission office because you are going to train the new Elder that is arriving." HUH!?!! Yep I'm going to train some poor kid ;) He doesn't know what he is getting into. I'm pretty sure he is coming from a mission in the US rather than straight from the MTC. I don't know what I'll do. It'll be intense, I'm scared out of my mind. I'm praying all the time for help. I know that the Lord has called me to do it, I'm just praying that I can be humble enough and that I can remember that God called me. We'll see how it goes. I just kept thinking about the conference talk when they were talking about the Lord preparing us for calls. I thought it was in this last conference but I looked in my notes and couldn't find it. I know that I will grow 34234234 times more than my companion will. Whew....

No comments:

Post a Comment