I'm still sick, and I called Sister Souza (Mrs. Mission
President) and I took some of the medicine that she told me. It
hasn't really done that much yet. It's funny because everyone
thinks they are a doctor, and they tell me all of this random
stuff that I should be taking. Whatever...
[I had some questions about the pictures you sent. The one where
you are "slam dunking" the ball, there is an apartment building
behind. Is that your apartment? Is yours similar (if that isn't
yours)? Do you even live in an apartment? Are there just two
missionaries in it or 4?] That is the apartment building behind the church. It isn't like
my house. I live in a house right now, but other missionaries live
in apartments. That is a nice apartment complex, for Brazil, so I
don't think that any missionaries live in places like that. The
bishop of our ward put up a wall in his house to make another
'house' for the missionaries. So our house is really small and
narrow. Right now I just live with my companion. I have lived with
4 missionaries, and I think that is better/more fun. However, we
are low on missionaries right now so more and more people are just
living with just their companion.
[In the one of you drinking an acai Slurpee, why does the top
appear golden? Was there something added, or does the acai have
a golden part to it, or was it just lighting?] They put granola on top, so that is why it is golden. Açaí
itself isn't very tasty, so they put honey in it to make it
sweeter and granola just adds to the taste. It's magically
delicious though.
[In the muscle juice squeeze, that "orange" you are squeezing had
a green skin like a lime. What fruit is that?] Oranges here have green skins. When they turn orange they
apparently are bad. I don't know why. They also don't have lemons
here, just limes.
[Your chapel is 2 stories in the picture. Why so big? How many
congregations meet there? Do you have overlapping blocks like
we do? How large are the wards?] I don't know why it is so big. We have 4 wards in this chapel
and it is the stake center but when they built it, they didn't
know that. It is the nicest chapel I have seen here in Fortaleza,
but it isn't the biggest. When you get inside it doesn't really
have that many rooms. Half of it is the Institute building too, so
maybe that is why it is so big. We have overlapping blocks here
too. Each ward is SMALL. They like to divide quickly here to grow
faster. I counted the people in the ward in the last sacrament meeting and
they only had 90 people. They had the primary program and had to
grab kids from another ward too. They just divided this ward, so
that is why the numbers are low. I doubt they ever let a ward go
above 200 people though. We work in 2 wards so we go to church at
9 am and again at 4:30 pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment