Monday, November 28, 2011

28 Nov 2011 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)

[Thanksgiving was last Thursday. I'm assuming they don't celebrate the Pilgrim's feast in tropical Brazil, but maybe you americanos remembered to stuff some stale bread in an old rooster and roast him up.] Yeah we didn't do anything for Thanksgiving. We have 6 Americans in the home we are all poor bums and don't want to spend money on anything. We eat chicken everyday anyways. It is almost the same thing as turkey. I eat stale bread everyday so you don't have to worry about that.

[I sent him Michelle's Thanksgiving Facebook photo of Michael downing a bottle of sparkling cider.]
Yep looks just like Michael. Apparently, he is an Intramural champion. I didn't know Sparkling cider chugging was an intramural sport there.

[I mentioned that I spent the Thanksgiving holiday lazing about and watching football.] I can't wait til I get to laze around and watch sports all day. The thing I miss the most is taco bell and being able to sleep whenever you want. Oh....and you guys too :) I guess life is all about being tired all the time and doing things that mean something instead of lazing around darn.

[Have you recovered your health yet?] I have semi recovered from my health. I still have a hacking lung and I don't know if that will ever leave. [Where is Palmeiras?] Palmeiras is in the southern part of Fortaleza. It is at the end of the city and after that there is no more city. It is by Jangurussu, say that 3 times fast.

This week we had zone conference and Elder Costa (the Seventy) was there and talked a lot to us. It was really good. He talked a lot about making the best time out of the mission and that we should love this place a lot. I really do love it here and I'm glad that I'm here. I know that this is the best place ever that I should be and nothing else would be a better thing for me to do. Sister Costa talked to us about how we should come to know that this is the best place for us. The other Elders are being annoying right now and they are trying to waste my time so it is hard to actually say anything of worth. I really felt the spirit while I was there though. I was able to think about why I'm here and if I had some other motives. I know that I'm here for the right reasons and that the Lord loves me. If I ended my mission now, I would have no regrets and I am trying my best right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment