Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7 Nov 2011 - Palmeiras Area (Mom)

I don't have to worry about Daylight savings time here yes! Although I missed an hour of sleep ;) [A focus of our stake conference was family history and the temple.] I was thinking about doing indexing after the mission to use my awesome Portuguese skills. You can do it on the Internet these days, so that is kind of cool. It is hard for us young kids to have a desire to do that kind of temple work. It talks about it in my Patriarchal blessing so I should probably do something about that :)
 
The name finding part sounds kind of boring but you can use it as an excuse to go on trips. Tell Dad you need to look at the records in Germany and England and hit up some tourist while you are there.
 
There is this lady in my new ward that talks about the craziest stuff and makes the craziest jokes. She looked at my new companion and said "You're a cutie." Roughly translated.
 
I think time will start flying faster after Christmas passes, the next call will be a few weeks before I get home. I made a goal awhile back to share my testimony every fast Sunday here and I always feel the spirit. I'm going to miss these people. I just love them to death. It doesn't bother me until I get up and bear my testimony. No matter what, I always tear up when I talk about the people. They are truly special. I'm so glad to be here. I'm not perfect, but I don't have regrets from my mission. Sometimes I wish I wasn't too dumb and would change more and faster but I just have to be patient. I don't think anybody knows how much my mission has changed my life, it has done wonders for me. Don't expect me to come back perfect though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment