Monday, December 19, 2011

19 Dec 2011 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)

This last P-Day we played volleyball with a makeshift net and the top of it was about 7 feet off the ground. So I really got to throw down some spikes. It made returning the serve kind of hard though because you could just launch a bullet without even jumping. No scouts were there so I think I'll keep my commitment with the Fort Worth Bottle Poppers, the semi-pro frisbee-soccer team.
 
I like how you slyly slipped in that it was your birthday, like I forgot or something. Happy Birthday. Yay 14th of December....one year older and wiser too happy birthday to you! Pretty soon it will be one year older and dumber. You know after 70 you start losing some marbles ;) Except for Grandma and Grandpa, they are as smart as a whip. 
 
[I'm trying out the Bednar approach to reading the scriptures that you mentioned.] I like Elder Bednar's approach because it is a more peaceful read and you are able to get more out of it. Rather than just looking for anything, you look for something specific. That way you don't just get a bunch of random stuff every time you read. 
 
We are in a hard area and sometime it feels like we are just driving down a steep hill in a school bus full of children and the brakes just went out. Sometimes you just want to swerve and end it all at once. We are busting our brains open to see what we need to do to have more success. This transfer (which starts today) we have some new ideas and I think things should get better....I hope. If not, I'll just break down and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment