Monday, December 12, 2011

12 Dec 2011 - Palmeiras Area (Mom)

[Mom is fighting a cold.] That is what happens to me about every 4 months. I think it is because of the fans we have to sleep with. They blow on my face and probably aren't helping me at all. They are keeping me cool though :)

[On Sunday a speaker talked about how those who pay tithing are such good stewards of their money, the Lord has taught them to be so financially savvy that we are living and still saving on 90% of our salary, where other people are in debt and can't make ends meet on 100% of their salary.]
They speak about tithing here in Brazil a lot. It seems to be that one thing that people don't think they need to do. When we, the missionaries, had the meeting with Elder Evan he talked mostly about how we teach tithing. He said that in one of the trainings with the 1st Presidency, Pres. Uchtdorf talked a lot about tithing. It is the only way for poor people to leave poverty. I thought that was cool. I look at how much money the church has to build stuff with 40% (random guess) of the Church paying tithing. Think of how much we could help/build temples if 80% or 90% or 100% of the members payed tithing. There would be no fault of supplies, chapels, temples etc. It would be cool.

[At the Christmas party last weekend, Suzanne did a little movie thing where the current missionaries' pictures were included.] Where did she show this movies thing? I have seen my old mission picture from the beginning and I am ugly. :) I'm ghastly white too, but that hasn't changed much. I'll go back to being white in a matter of days when I get home.

I got the package that you sent. The communist, money hungry post office made me pay 128 reais or $70ish to get the package. They say that all packages should be taxed, but they only take a few at random  to be taxed. It got here on the 16th, but I didn't get it until a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment