[It was nice to hear your voice. I have to admit that I, for
whatever wacky reason, do not miss people that much when I do
not see them.] People usually tend to forget people when they don't see them so
that makes sense I guess. I don't really have an uncontrollable
desire to be home either. I just don't miss it that much. Like you
said, it will hit me when I go back home, but it's good for now. It
is a lot easier to work when you aren't missing home. Some elders go
crazy near the end of their missions. I'm more or less the same.
I've gotten better in a few things, but I haven't changed much in
other aspects.
[Brother Gerrard in his talk today likened Santa to Heavenly
Father. He said when he was small he remembered that he would
go and sit on Santa's lap and tell him all that he wanted.
Santa would bring him what he had asked for and not disappoint.
He received more than he asked for most of the time. Tha is ho
our Heavenly Father is. We ask for things. He gives us that
and much more. He does not disappoint.] I don't know who Bro. Gerrard is but I don't remember Santa giving
me everything that I wanted. He often disappointed me ;) I don't
remember when I stopped believing in Santa. I'm pretty sure you
destroyed that whole belief so that we wouldn't ask for expensive
things because we thought Santa could provide anything we wanted.
Christmas here wasn't too special. It was a bore and a headache.
People always say that they have awesome Christmas's on the mission,
but mine are always terrible. Nobody goes to church, nobody wants to
feed us, nobody come and opens the chapel so we can call our
parents...maybe I'm just bitter and not loving enough :) Well New
Year's will be more of the same and some more drunk people.
No comments:
Post a Comment