Monday, January 2, 2012
2 Jan 2012 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)
It is going well. We have found a lot of great people this past week.
New Years was a bummer but things should start picking up again. We have
awesome people, so we are thinking about them a lot and how we can help
them. We are praying and trying to do everything possible to have
success with these people. I want it to be their fault if they don't get
baptized, not my lack of skills/faith/teaching/etc. So we are trying to
be perfect so that the Lord can use us and so that the people can be
convinced as it says in the Book of Mormon to believe our words. We all
know that the Holy Ghost is the one that 'convinces'. I have some more
good news. I can held up again! Yay robbery! They didn't take anything
this time but I got a few chuckles because my companion had no idea what
was going on. The guy told us to stop or he would shoot. Everyone and
their brother has a gun here apparently. Then he just shoved his hands into
my companion's pockets. We didn't have anything though, we were coming
home from Sunday lunch. Well I did have my camera in my bag but he
didn't take my bag luckily :) The only two times I walk around with my
camera I get held up....at least he didn't take it this time. Then he
apologized and I told him no problem and said thanks and gave him a
thumbs up and we walked away. I think I am getting the hang to this
whole robbery thing. I'm just going to print off pass along cards saying
"I don't have anything, please don't kill me, don't take our bus money.
If you need money, my companion is Amercan/Brazilian and he is rich! "
It might work. Well things are good here. By some freak of nature I got
up and went running the other day. My body didn't like it and punished
me with terribly painful knees. Lets see if I do something crazy like
that again. I prefer exercising my brain in a chair, it's less painful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment