Monday, January 16, 2012

16 Jan 2012 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)

The police strike is over. Deep back in my gut I was hoping for a 2 week riot just to have a cool story. That probably wouldn't have gone over well though.

[I shared an experience of rejection in Nicaragua with Jeffrey.] I remember that story, you had told me earlier on my mission. I was thinking about 'The Other Side of Heaven' and my mission has got nothing like that. How are they going to make a movie out of my mission? I have set a new goal too: I'm going to write in my journal everyday. I usually write in it every 2-3 days. The main reason I'm doing it is so that the producers have an easier time making my movie :) It will probably help me with other things too.

I hate to admit it, but my current area is tougher than pork chops cooked in a microwave. Sometimes I just have no idea what to do. I go and do and it fails miserably. There are probably silver linings that I am missing. I am really hard on myself and I always think it is our fault. I'm not perfect so there is something I should be doing better. I don't know. I'm trying to go and do what I need to do. Sometimes I feel all is lost, but I bounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment