Well I figured out why we got robbed on Sunday. Apparently there was a
Police strike so there was no Police on the street from Dec 31- Jan 3. I
feel free to tell this to you now since it has already passed. So
there is no need to worry. As you can imagine it was CRAZY here. It is
crazy with the police. It was kind of like serving in the middle of
Somalia. Everything was closed and widespread robbing happened at the
strip malls and stuff like that. Kids were just walking down the street
with guns. It was kind of intense. Our neighborhood that we live in was
less intense. Our work area though was kind of dangerous. Downtown was
ransacked. This is what people tell me so I don't know how true it is.
It'll be a good story to tell my kids. We all had to be home by 6 PM.
I was thinking about running more when I get back home. I'm still
just on the thinking stage of course. It is good to know that we still
have the treadmill. Maybe I'll run outside to keep my tan. I can't wait
to get back and work out in the gym though ;) It is a lot easier to work
out when you don't have to walk around all day.
So we were teaching this nice old lady these past few weeks. The
kind of old lady with no teeth that is always smacking her lips. She was
a great lady and she loved us and loved our message. She accepted
everything that we taught her. She went to church and everything. Then
one day we taught here this week and she did a complete 180. She didn't
want to talk to us anymore and didn't want to be baptized. I was sad.
She was talking to us and telling all kinds of apostasy and lies so that
we would go away. I honestly cried about 3 times during the lesson. It
was really sad. I felt anguish for her soul and her hard heart like it
says Alma & Nephi etc. felt for their people. I can't say I have
felt anguish for everybody's soul that I teach, but I felt it this time.
I can only imagine what our Heavenly Father feels every day when he
sees his poor children doing wrong things. I knew what she was doing and
I knew that it was the wrong path. We tried to help her but she just
kept resisting and wouldn't listen. We tried but I didn't know what to
do and I felt even worse. I imagine it is the same with parents. I love
these people and the people of this area aren't being nice to me :) It
is hard for me to work every week and have nobody come to church. That
is the key but nobody wants it! It makes me want to be better though so
that Heavenly Father doesn't have to feel that sadness when he sees me. I
think we should all work harder so that nobody feels that sadness
because of us. I hate feeling that sadness. I'm sure my parents do too
and so does Heavenly Father.
I know that He loves us more than anything. We must do what He tells us
to or else we can go nowhere! He knows what is best for us and He knows
what will destroy us! It aches my heart when I see people openly denying
Him. I have a lot to do to be one of His perfectly righteous sons, but I
know that I can achieve that. He will help me and that is His main
goal. So why not make it our main goal too?
No comments:
Post a Comment