Monday, February 27, 2012

27 Feb 2012 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)

Carnaval distractions are gone for now. Although Carnaval isn't much different than every weekend. I didn't see anyone flocking to church though, so maybe next week the will take up from their drunken stupor and realize their wrong doings. Phooey I keep on thinking of things to write in English and realize I don't know how to spell them or how to intelligently communicate them. I can hardly speak English with my companion and I'm always saying stuff wrong. Whenever I see an unfamiliar word, I try to pronounce it in Portuguese. I was reading Jesus the Christ in english and there was some random word and I just said it how a Brazilian would....oops.

We had a cool adventure Sunday morning. We have a sewage man hole in our "backyard" and then another hole inside of our house to check/clean the pipes I guess. It rained elephants and wildebeasts (instead of cats and dogs) Saturday night/Sunday morning. So unfortunately the sewage pipes overflowed and flooded our house. I woke up at 1:30 AM and it smelled terrible! Our house was smelling so I just ignored it. Then I pulled my blanket off the floor and a corner of it was wet. Then I got up and realized our whole house was flooded with half an inch of sewage water. Yay hepatitis! So I grabbed everyone's stuff off the ground and put it somewhere, took a few pictures and went to sleep. It wasn't brown, poopy sewage water because it was mixed with rain water and it was bubbling out of the man hole. So don't imagine some disgusting sludge :) We spent about 5 hours cleaning our house on Sunday too, and my old janitor body is hurting. My bags didn't get wet due to faulty Brazilian construction and unlevel floors. So who knows how this whole disease thing is going to go down. There are some unwashable things (aka scriptures, planner etc) that will be tainted forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment