Monday, March 5, 2012

5 Mar 2012 - Palmeiras Area (Dad)

I was going to go downtown today, but it didn't work out. I'll just have to go another time. I need to pick up a sweet machete to keep the family knife buying tradition alive. I just don't know where I am going to find that kind of stuff.

[I have a goal to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish this year.] I think I will study my scriptures in Portuguese after the mission. I might get lazy though and switch to english :) I have a lot to learn in these next 3 months about Portuguese. I love learning the language but I am never good enough at it!

I was talking to some missionary that has relatives in Preston, the Peterburgs or something like that. I told him to ask his relatives about the Swainstons and the few Hawkes that live there. Uncle Carl looks as healthy as....something really healthy. Hopefully they are all doing well.

[A prescription I was taking has caused me to lose my sense of taste.] I'll try to enjoy my sense of taste more fully by eating lots of beans and stuff. Sometimes it would be good if I could lose it just for a bit, like when I have to eat chicken liver...

Things here are dandy. Not easy, just dandy. The Lord knows what He is doing and I'm trying not to kick against the pricks. I'm just letting him 'beat' me down the right paths like the stubborn mule that I am. I'm grateful to be here and I'm grateful that the Lord needs me. I don't know if I've done all that I was supposed to do. I'm happy though, and I feel like I have done my small part. I haven't been perfect but I've changed when I've realized I was wrong and did the best with my minimal knowledge. I just need to finish. The Lord is our Savior and He loves us. He loves me and I know because I have knelt down and I have prayed in anguish. I have felt His loving embrace surround me. I know He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment