Monday, April 30, 2012

30 Apr 2012 - Bom Jardin Area (Dad)

I started Elder Bednar's challenge to read the Book of Mormon for 6 months with a special focus on the Atonement since I just finish reading it. Now that I know the importance of understanding the Atonement and knowing more about it, this reading should be all the more special. It is a hard subject that most people just ignore. They know it exists and that Jesus died for us and because of that we can live with him. Apparently, there is much more to it.

The time is running out. I don't know what to expect. I just keeping working blindly like I don't know I only have 4 weeks left. At this point it seems like a lot of time. Sadly, someday I will have to face the facts and I won't be able to ignore it. The mission has been good to me and it has changed my life. Only the Lord truly knows how much it has changed me life. It is by far the best thing to do as a young man age 19-26. Nothing will replace it and though it isn't mandatory, it will accelerate our spiritual growth. It will be sad not to hold the honor as a chosen representative of Jesus Christ. I ask you as my father, my Dad, Daddy, old man.... how do I leave it all behind? How do I leave these people? It is easy enough to leave the country but it will be hard to not think about it when I get home. Obviously I can think about it but I have to move on. What did you do? How do you not lose the language? I love it here. I was downtown the other day and I was just looking at the Cearanse people thinking: I may never see these people again. I was looking at them as children of God and not random people. I loved them and wanted to help them. It was easy for me to love this people. The Lord has blessed me so much through these people. I don't know why He sent me here, I haven't met anyone that was only able to be baptized by my ways etc. I only have faith in Him. I firmly believe that I am supposed to be here and that fact was established before this life. I have faith that I was supposed to serve here from 2010-2012. I love this work and I hope to bring many habits etc back home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment