Monday, May 14, 2012

14 May 2012 - Bom Jardin Area (Dad)

People sometimes look down at returned missionaries if they don't come home running back to school/work/marriage and 'wasting' time doing anything else. I spent a lot of time walking around so I'll need to rest a bit ;)

I can see that my desires have changed and I have different priorities in my life. The gospel is much more important to me now. I made a few goals for returning home. I don't like making goals, I'm not good at it but I have tried here on the mission. It should help me...I guess.

I was able to visit an old area today and my love for these people overflowed. I didn't realize how much I missed them. It will be hard to go. I felt a deep love for them, not just 'hey you are a cool guy' feeling. A feeling that wanted me to do anything I could to help them. There is one family in particular that tickles the tender cords of my heart. I only stayed for 5 weeks in that area but they have profoundly 'marked' me. I love them. I love them all. I'm glad I served a mission and I worked hard. I plan to keep working too. These people deserve it and so much more. It is good to look back and feel good about your work. Sometimes it is hard to notice because so many people are doing it around you. You forget about the billions who don't. It seems like you are just one more and so many more people are doing it better than you. These new kids are 2342 times better than I was when I got here. They are good and prepared. It is the Lord's work and it will only keep getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment