Wednesday, July 28, 2010

28 Jul 2010 - Brazil MTC (to Dad)

[Any new arrivals yet or is it still just the two of you soaking up all the knowledge from your teachers? I think the Lord is preparing you as select individuals to be leaders in your mission. Really, as you look back you'll see events and circumstances that happened to prepare you for situations you'll find yourself in. And I think you have the talents and abilities to be a leader.] We got one new arrival today but he was from the other district so I don't know him, figures though. I don't [think] he is preparing [us] for that, we aren't miles ahead of anybody. It will be hard to have a tripanionship (3 elders) especially when we teach but class will be the same. I didn't get picked out of our bustling district to be the DL so who knows ;) [Monday night we had a family home evening with the Hansens. We played a bunch of different games and everyone seemed to have fun. It was funny watching their young ones drawing tiny pictures of unrecognizable things in Pictionary. Sean was on a roll and seemed to guess the right thing even when the pictures weren't ideal.] That sounds fun, sounds like the pictionary we use to play when you drew 3 lines and someone got the answer....basically cheating is the word I would use. [I went home teaching with Michael tonight because his companion is out of town. It was an interesting experience being taught how to do it right. ;-) He opened with a kneeling prayer, made good and meaningful conversation that showed genuine interest in the family, shared the message in a very insightful way, offered specific ways in which we might be of help to the family, etc. Wow. I was impressed. You'd have to be there to understand exactly what I mean, but I could picture clearly how good of a missionary he was. You kids are so much better persons than I've ever been. The Lord was serious when He said He would send the best for the last days.] Who is Michael's companion? Home teaching is different than missionary work you don't have to commit anyone to baptism. I'm sure you had to stop michael a few times when he asked them to commit to going to church. But I guess the rest is the same but I didn't get that far before I said something oh well. It's a lot different than what I thought when I first got to the MTC, it's nothing like the fairy tale missionary stuff I always thought it would be. I bet you were about the same, but you didn't have Preach My Gospel hence you were a pro. Português é muito facíl. As palavras parece a mismo mas eles não falou a mismo. (I have no idea if that is right) é muito facíl para entender quando as pessoas lhe fala. Eu espero que eu possa ser um bom missionário e ensine as pessoas do Brasil. I went to the temple again today and I did initiatories. It was interesting all in portuguese and I didn't understand most of it but I still knew what they were talking about and it still was the same thing even if I was in Brasil.

No comments:

Post a Comment