Wednesday, July 28, 2010
28 Jul 2010 - Brazil MTC (to Mom)
[I see how it is. : ) you write me last??? then you only have 30 seconds to write??? who or what is the Nazi?] Yeah I did, you were last on the list so the internet clearly wanted to make you last. I had more than 30 seconds I just had 30 seconds when I said I had 30 seconds left. It has a countdown of doom and there is nothing you can do but accept it. The nazi is the countdown timer. [Brazil sounds different, but not bad.] I haven't experienced much of Brasil just a little when I went proselyting. I forgot to tell dad about that I thought I already told you. I went proselyting last friday, just walking around the CTM with my companion trying to hand out 6 book of mormons. It was easier than I thought and I realized I wouldn't mind doing that for the next 2 years. In fact I wish they would have let us pass out more. I talked to a lot of people and most of them had a book, nobody denied taking the book. Everybody is nice and not a mean thing was said, even when they don't want one they say how much they respect you and the church. We did have this one guy that we talked to for like 40 minutes about lessons 1-4 pretty much he just kept asking questions. It was good practice and I am surprised I could speak that much portuguese. Alas he didn't take our Book of Mormon he said he would stop by the CTM to learn more but who knows. I don't think I am learning much faster just normally as anyone here does. I think I am stuck right now, not really growing in the language. My companion understands about 2% of conversation so I have to do most everything which I guess is good to learn faster....What did you share from my emails? Well evan didn't write me so you got plenty of time this P day. It's good here, only 18 more days before I leave to Fortaleza. From what I hear it's the higher baptizing mission in the world, and it's hot, and I will probably stay in Fortaleza city the most. Every time I tell a Brasileiro I am going to Fortaleza they say "quench" or hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment