[Time really flies as an adult. When you are little things seem to take eternity to happen.] Time flies my foot, 2 years right now seems like an eternity. Everyone says that time flies here but it hasn't so far :) It's 90ish outside everyday for the whole year, it will rain more in the summer so it will be more humid there. It's windy here so its not bad at all, I have been in much worse. The worst part is waiting outside the door for some reason. You are hot and there is no breeze and the sun is beating on your back. Houses are bad too, that's where you usually sweat a gallon in the houses because it is so stuffy. Yeah 3 days for you is like .00000000000000000000000000000000000000008 of your life :)
[I don't know if you have access to the Ensign magazine. We've been leaving it on the table and people read it as they eat various meals. I was reading the first Presidency article for August by President Uchtdorf. The article is on Temple Blessings....] They give us a Liahona every month here so it has some of the same things. I might be in the Portuguese Liahona one of these months. There was an open house for a chapel near the CTM so they made a missionary choir to sing there for 3 days. One of the days the Liahona people were there taking pictures, I signed release forms too so maybe.
Well thanks for all the words about temples, even though I won't see one for another 2 years :) I liked going to the temple in São Paulo, and I was bummed because the week I left the missionaries are going to the Campinas temple. [Take some pictures....] I have pictures, mostly from when I was leaving the MTC because they would only let you take them your last day. I have a few here but I don't carry around my camera with me. I don't carry anything with me but scriptures and some money in my front pockets so I don't get beat up. muahah I haven't even washed my pants yet, they haven't needed it but it is dusty here so I will have to. The shirts don't hurt anymore.
It has been a good first week here, the people are so nice and when you see a member on the street they usually just walk with you to the next house and teach with you so it's not hard to get members when you teach. It's hard to understand people, that is probably the hardest thing to do because they have a lot of slang here. I've had some spiritual experiences too, we cast out a devil the 3rd day I was here. My companion has been out for 10 months, his name is Elder Alves from São Paulo, and he has never done it before. It was intense but wasn't scary and it was totally different than what you usually think. I am working hard and walking a lot because this is the highest baptizing mission in the world and we have tons of investigators that need to hear messages.
No comments:
Post a Comment