Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Aug 2010 - Henrique Jorge Area

That's good that you made it home. [Mom and Dad just returned home from dropping off Michael and Lauren at BYU.] I forgot that you were dropping of Michael and Lauren at school. What are you going to do now that everyone is gone?? [I (Mom) cried of course when we left the chitlins.  I didn't think I would, but when we got to Michael's apartment after spending the evening at Dan and Becca's with all the Utah Hawkes/cousins, we gave them a back-to-school blessing. Then I cried. It had been two years since dad had given Michael a father's blessing and I got teary-eyed thinking that dad won't be giving Father's blessings very much longer (on a regular basis).] Girl the whole world knew that you were going to cry when you dropped the kids off. It's because you're a mom and you love your kids. Only people that are glad to get rid of their kids don't cry :) Did Michael get to stay with any of the people from his mission? Dad won't be giving very many more blessings, he is just going to be the old wrinkly hand that holds up the baby or for the confirmation and stuff like that :) It's good that Dad is worthy to do that and he can gives blessings whenever he wants. They haven't left yet, they still are going to come home all the time and they still need you. There is nothing to worry about, you will see Lauren and Michael a lot!

I have been feeling crummy the past few days. It's all the walking finally caught up to me. My feet hurt and I had intense constipation. I swore my poop was going to be white from all the rice. But it has all passed, just one of those things that happens when you completely change your lifestyle.

This place is so great. I am glad that I am here. Whenever I am just sitting after we get back or maybe for a second during a lesson I look around and realize that I am in Brasil. I don't always remember, sometimes I forget but I love this place so much, I love these people with all my heart. I have only been here a few weeks and when I see these people in church I just want to cry. The family that we have ready to be baptized just needs to get married and I always think about the day that they will get baptized, the day when they are dressed in white. They are my first family I ever taught and I love them more than I could ever describe. This is God's work, and I cannot even imagine how happy he is for these people. I'm kind of glad that 2 years seems like eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment