Monday, September 6, 2010

6 Sep 2010 - Henrique Jorge Area

[Just a short note today.I was just looking on aol and there was an article on the best water park slides in the world. Coming in at number two is "the Insano" at Beach Park in Fortaleza Brazil.] Short note eh? It's as long as the others. I haven't seen that part of Fortaleza yet, and we aren't allowed to go on the beaches. I hear a lot of people talking about the beaches here, but I have yet to see any body of water. It never rains here so I don't know how any rivers or lakes exist. My companion said it has rained 3 times the 10 months he has been here so who knows. I wish you were here to clean our house :) It's dirty forever and always, there is nothing to be done. Our house is super small and ghetto too, you can sit on the toilet and take a shower at the same time, so basically its the best bathroom you could ever think of :)

[I was looking online today about the Fortaleza Temple....] I have no idea where the temple is going to be, that is in downtown Fortaleza. I haven't been there yet. I will probably see it someday but I haven't seen much of Fortaleza proper at all, just the cities around it. I have taken the bus a lot for random things and that is kind of exciting. I get pushed on and the bus drivers are downright crazy here. You are all crowded and holdling on to whatever you can and the bus driver is flying down the skinniest roads, taking turns at 40 kph. I have almost fallen a couple of times when they start moving and I'm not holding on to anything. A lot of people here have never been to the temple and they have been members for 30 years. Usually the returned missionaries are the only ones that have gone. They have caravans every month that go down to Recife though. A lot of people only have the puny Book of Mormons we give out, with the blue covers. I would say 70% of the ward doesn't have D&C or Pearl of Great Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment