[Last Wednesday BYU came out with a big sports announcement. They decided to go independent in football and join the West Coast Conference in the other sports starting next year.] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It won't be so bad for other sports, basketball is pretty good in the WCC. Being independent gives them as much chance to be in a BCS bowl as the wheelchair football team of Minnesota :( They did all this even after Boise left the WAC? Wait they are independent this year?? I thought the other changes were for the next year after this season. I remember all the talk about the quarterbacks, who is the running back now? [Well, don't mean to distract you with a bunch of sports news.] Pssh I could love hearing about BYU sports anyday even if it as heinous as going independent. [If you can give me some landmarks in the area, I'd like to try to find your place on the map.] The big road Fernandes Tavorá goes by my house but there aren't really and landmarks that I know of. My area is small but I don't know those names. There is a big field and a big catholic church but I don't know much. [What makes it hard to walk there? Is it because your balance is accustomed to the Northern Hemisphere instead of the Southern Hemisphere? Can't you just learn to lean a little to the other side to compensate?] All the sidewalks are unlevel here and the roads are just made of rough rocks so I usually trip on the random rocks and steps on the sidewalk. It's hard for my to know what to write. I usually think that most of the things are nice but not really worth remembering, but I try to write down a bunch of random things that happened during the day, and if anything special happened when we taught. My journal is really at 4 pm we did that 6pm we did this. I would love to write more but Lauren and Michael wrote me this week so I don't have much time.
I am excited to be here and I just love thinking about the people we teach in white clothes. Not because they are a statistic, but because they will be so much happier and receive so much when they get baptized. People here live in the humblest of circumstances, more than I ever imagined but they are so happy still. They laugh and play like the rest of the world. They read and pray just like everyone else and the Lord loves them as much as everyone else. I just want to share that love with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment