Sunday, January 16, 2011

16 Jan 2011 - Alvorada Area (Dad)

Grandma talked to me when I called to mark the time to call on Christmas and said she gave you $300 to put in my account :) Just kidding she just said $100 but you had some problems with the bank. I just need a soccer shirt of the Brazilian team, that's the expensive one though. I'll stock up on açaí and caju soda :)

[I mentioned Jimmer Fredette's amazing 40-foot swish at the end of the BYU-Utah basketball game. "He launched a running swish from 40 feet. The crowd went wild. Jimmer just turned around and walked off the court nonchalantly, kind of like I'd expect you would."] I might do that if I would score from that far. I do that when I score in soccer so I guess you guessed right. P.S. Phil Collins is playing right now on the loud speaker in the LAN house...weird Brazilians... :)

I saw a crazy guy that looked like a goblin in front of one of my investigator's house. I was kind of scared to pass him to talk to knock on the door. He was sitting on the hood of a car all goblin-like, you can imagine that right? :) He had like 10 hairs and they were super curly and one of his eyes was glazed over and the other one was looking off to the right, no doubt searching for hobbits or something, golden rings, or tattered clothes.... whatever goblins like. I was with another Elder that day and the Elder said hi and the goblin just said Ya! Ya!! The sad part is that I didn't have a camera to take a picture with him, which I will regret forever :) [Michael has a job now at BYU.] I came up with a good idea, Michael should work at the MTC as a teacher!!!!! Leave this manual labor behind and get a nice job at the MTC. I'm sure they don't have many Thai teachers there. [Way to hang in there with not going home when you were sick, at least since you did get better. And yes, recovering due to a blessing does make the story more epic.] I have an iron stomach and nothing has made me feel that bad, I thought I was giong to die one day for some reason when I got home. But guess what? I didn't...I was frying hot and then freezing cold etc. but it only lasted a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment