[We received your memory card this past week. Yay! Take more pictures!] I have better pictures on this memory card right now, but it's hard to take pictures of the day to day becuase I don't want to get robbed and shot :)
[It's actually supposed to get down to 19 here Tuesday night. A bit of a contrast with your weather, but hey, it's summer for you. I'm sure you'll get in the teens next winter. Well, maybe in Celsius. My phone is showing me rain every day for you this week. Is that still only at night?] It is raining a lot today but not hard, just a long time. The roads are like rivers now so I have to hold the umbrella to the side rather than holding it upright so I don't get soaked by all the cars passing. It's no use though, but I think the cars are doing it on purpose. It doesn't even get close to 14 degrees celsius here. I hope it only rains at night!
[Are you getting along well with your new companion?] Yeah I'm getting along with my companion. He's a know it all so sometimes it's kind of hard, but I guess it's good to have somebody that "knows" everything :) He is cool though, everything is peachy. During family home evening this week we were sitting in front of a house that is on the fringe of a soccer field and then 3 shots went off that were pretty close and someone got shot, some random passerby. The other day we were looking for a reference's house but some kid with a gun ran past us into an alley. Someone called the police and that ended up in a shootout and we thought it best to start walking fast away from that place. While I was on a division with another missionary we saw a goblin on top of a car. Did I already tell you about the goblin? [No clue what he's talking about here.]
I was sick this Friday and I thought I was going to die. Every step I just wanted to die in one the near trash piles. I wanted to go home but I wasn't really THAT sick and we had to stay home yesterday because my companion is having some stomach issues, ulcers something like that. Plus it's an epic story to tell you that I suffered "immensely" but I didn't give in and taught spiritually starving people of Brazil while gritting my teeth in pain. So that's why I didn't go home :) I asked my companion to give me a blessing too and I got better. That makes the story just a little more epic.
We talked to the mother of the Bishop because she asked us to come and talk to her after our lunch. Her son is having some problems in his life and she asked us to come and help him. We came but he didn't want to hear from us. Afterwards his mother tearfully told us her pains and suffering. I never felt the desire so intense in my life to help. I really felt an immense love for the people here. I didn't want her to cry, and I wanted to help her son so much. I guess that is what happens when you serve the people. After awhile you start to love them, maybe a little bit like Jesus loves us. President Hinckley gave a talk in England and he started crying when he talked about his love for those people, since he served there. I never remember seeing President Hinckely crying before but he had an immense love for those people. It was one of his last talks. Eu amo os brasileiros!
No comments:
Post a Comment