Friday, March 11, 2011

10 Mar 2011 - Pedras Area (Mom)

Funny story, I was writing you an email and all was going well. [Mom didn't get an email last week.] Then I kicked the plug and the computer turned off, and then it wouldn't work blah blah. I sent you what I had written last week. This P-Day I wasn't able to write because it was Carnaval, a holiday here, and no LAN houses were open. So Pres. let us come and write today. Next week it will be back to normal. [Mom asked if he needed anything sent.] I don't need any garments or anything. My shirts are still white and I noticed a few holes in my garments but oh well. My pants are sun bleached though, so now I have American Eagle designer slacks, with natural bleaching. I just need to rip a few holes in them :)
 
[Our RS lesson was about the organization of the RS since this month is RS's birthday.] I read about the Relief society in the Liahona :) My companion is funny because he is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper, how can we say, he's super Mormon. He follows everything by the letter of the law. So for companionship study you are supposed to tell about what you learned, just a gist of what you learned. Share your testimony etc. He tells me everything that he studied, practically word for word. Yesterday he told me he studied pornography, which sounded funny, but he studied it in True to the Faith. Anyways, he told me all about the Relief Society blah blah. I don't know if we need to be studying about Pornography and Relief Society stuff but oh well :) He's good. I am convinced Heavenly Father is trying to beat patience into my stubborn head. The last few companions that I have had are trying my patience a lot. Constant complaining, always telling me bigger better stories than mine, always saying that they already know, they have already done "x" many times. It's hard putting two stubborn people together, but maybe I'll change someday :)
 
Yesterday was a tough day for me, I was just thinking. Sometimes I don't know if I am listening to the Spirit, and sometimes I don't know if the Spirit is telling me anything. I had a hard time with the language yesterday which has never really happened to me, so that bummed me out even more. I try though, I study every morning and I pray a lot for help, but yesterday I begged :) Today is better though, just the ups and downs of the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment